True/Preferred Name Request

Help Us Get Your Name Right!

We recognize that students may want to identify themselves with a true/preferred name that is different from their legal name. 

Your true/preferred name is in addition to your legal name. Your true/preferred name may be used in appropriate college processes and communications except where the legal name is required. Complete the information below to add your True/Preferred name.

Questions? please contact the Admissions & Records Office.

example: G01234567
Legal Name- Your legal name must be used for financial aid documents and official academic transcripts.*
No File Chosen
File uploads may not work on some mobile devices.

Sample forms of acceptable ID:

  • High school or College ID
  • Government issued ID (CA ID, CADL, Passport, Employment Authorization Cards)
  • Government issued ID from another country

Indicate below your true or preferred first name as you'd like it to appear on documents, such as class rosters, Canvas and unofficial transcripts. 

Powered by Formstack Create your own form